Polish Londoner

These are the thoughts and moods of a born Londoner who is proud of his Polish roots.



Saturday 5 November 2022

Theatre Agreement signed


 

Finally, it is done. This evening, Helena Kaut-Howson and Magda Wlodarczyk from Scena Polska (the Polish Stage Company), and Marek Laskiewicz and Zaneta Brudzinska from POSK, have signed that elusive agreement on the free use of the POSK theatre upto 5 weekends in the year and the underground Studio for six Sundays. Sweat and tears and banging of heads together and now it is done. I was the only witness, so I took a photo,  

The signing was followed by a sweet ceremomy over wine, cheese and cakes where a large section of the acting community turned up to reminisce over fellow thespians and theatre producers who had passed on. We had photos thrown up on a screen and various anecdotes from their colourful lives were exchanged. Many descibed their talent and sense of sacrifice, though one or two tales were quite raunchy. 

I popped doenstairs to get some water for the teetotallers. At the gallery I ran into Krysia Bell, the manager of Syrena, the Polish children's theatre, and her chum, the former POSK Chair Joanna Mludzinska. They were in quite an emotional state as they outlined a terrible tale of their falling out with Zaneta. I had no intention to describe the details. Knowing Zaneta I could not imagine how their tale of treachery and deception could possibly be true. Knowing Joanna and Krysia I could not imagine how their tale could be untrue. This stand off in my mind, shook me to the bone as it was due to my cooperation with Zaneta that we were able to get that agreement with Scena Polska signed. I went back upstairs to the libations. Zaneta saw my pensive face amidst the merriment and asked if anything was wrong. I just shook my head and said it was nothing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment