Polish Londoner

These are the thoughts and moods of a born Londoner who is proud of his Polish roots.



Thursday 1 September 2022

Radio interview on Sami Swoi.



I started the day with allocating a new printer, a Japanese Brother, recommended by Sandro, to my laptop. It took me four hours to learn how to connect the printer to the wifi, and then the laptop to the printer. But ultimately - success! Sandro will be proud of me.

Turned up at the Sami Swoi studio in Ealing to record my comments on the Tory leadership race. They asked how it would help Poland and the Polish communty in the UK. Not a lot of difference, as Polish-UK relations were good, because of mutual hostility, first to Russia, and (the second agenda) to a united Europe, the first hostility being pivotal, and the second futile and self-defeating. However I talked about Liz Truss having spent some time in Poland and hoping to raise with her the issue of speeding up pre-settled status upgrading for Polish citizens in the UK. I pointed out that unless Truss came up with a massive rescue plan in the first 2 weeks after taking office, then whatever her optimism and energy, she and her fellow Tories will not regain public trust and go crashing down in the next election. The interviewer seemed very pleased with the 15 minute interview and said it would be broadcast in the next few days, and also used in allocated snippets for later comments. No fear. I'm not going to listen to my own voice on radio.

He suggested that perhaps I could record progress bulletins on my world trip next year. Maybe.

Also booked up an appointment for Albina and me at Specsavers for a hearing test. I think we both feel our hearing has deteriorated recently. We shall see.


No comments:

Post a Comment