Polish Londoner

These are the thoughts and moods of a born Londoner who is proud of his Polish roots.



Monday 24 April 2023

How many Apple Stores?


 Borealis 24th April 2023

A wonderful hot day with a late start. At last I slept well. I tidied up my blog on Acapulco and we exchanged thank you messages for that wonderful day. Having a lot of trouble with my left toe nail so I booked a chiropodist at spa for early next morning.  At lunchtime we went to see Tom Cruise in "Top Gun: Maverick" at the Auditorium and spent a quiet afternoon together.

At lunch time our new captain advised us that we were now some 100 miles off shore from the Mexican port of Puerto Angel. At this rate we will be passing the coast of poverty stricken Guatemala. The temperature is hot, hot, hot. You can feel the heat as you cross by the sweaty bodies lying around the pool.

In the evening I watched another talent show, which unbelievably was even better than the first, One of my friend's, Robert, normally somewhat morose, came out with some borderline jokes, somewhat on the style of Tommy Cooper, There was a Scottish poet with some witty poems about everyday married life, and some genuinely good female singers. This was followed by a variety show including a magician, an instrumentalist playing on anything from a flute to a bicycle pump, and a singer, Lorraine Brown, who sang for us earlier. 

Then a chance for our team to meet together at last for the 10pm quiz. This time we got 13 out of 15. This was a winning score, but three other teams had the same total as us. The deciding question for the winning teams was to give the total number of Apple Stores throughout the world. My own guess was 2000, as I believe that only the largest cities in the world have an Apple Store. But others in our team said upto 150,000. So we settled at 70,000. Other teams gave various answers ranging from 1500 to 5 million. The answer was actually 525, half of them in the USA

. We were runners up again. I was ready for an early night but Albina had started her midnight calls to her friends in Poland and England, so I had to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment