Polish Londoner

These are the thoughts and moods of a born Londoner who is proud of his Polish roots.



Tuesday 18 April 2023

My lecture revisited


 Borealis Tuesday 18th April 2023

I was unfortunately assailed by another nosebleed from my right nostril, while seated in our restroom. Very complicated transaction to ensure I can stop the blood flow while keeping the restroom (such an American term) clean. I fell asleep eventually but it was another disturbed night. I wondered whether it was my tiredness after my visit to San Francisco which caused this new attack?

I felt like a zombie most of the day. I kept to my cabin trying to catch up on my blog covering yesterday’s excursion. Neither of us went to breakfast but both of us enjoyed a lunch together. Because of my tiredness I was not exactly firing on all cylinders when it came to repeating my lecture in the Auditorium at 4pm. I fumbled a little with my sequence of slides, sometimes confusing the button for next slide with the laser pointer. However, about 40 people turned up, many not having heard my lecture before and they all seemed pleased. One lady said she had missed the first ten minutes of my lecture on Friday and just wanted to catch up on that but hoped I would not be offended if she quietly slipped out after ten minutes. At the end of my repeat lecture she was still there in her seat. Obviously riveting stuff. Albina came too after having finished her tea earlier. She did do a picture of me, but then so did Tony. 

In fact Tony and Helen, who were present and had missed my first lecture, told me Sharon was down with covid. They had been asked to submit to a covid test and wondered if I had been invited as well. Obviously I had not but I soon got in touch with Sharon. She was actually placed in quarantine on our deck, Deck 6, and was at the end of our corridor. Thus was a treat for her as her cabin was lower down on the third floor, and now she had the temprary use of a balcony, which she did not have downstairs. 

I finished my blog for yesterday in the late evening and we watched the “Night at the Musicals” presentation by the Borealis Theatre Company vocalists on our TV set in the cabin.

We could see lights on the American coast as we swept past Los Angeles around 10pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment